Play it Forward: Connecting FEB 19 at City Museum
Play is the universal language of connection, and connection the very definition of yoga. If you wish to live longer, strengthen your immune system, lower anxiety or depression, then social connections need to be a big part of your life.
In fact, studies reported in Psychology Today list social connection as important to your health as eating your veggies, exercising and getting proper rest! Strong social connection leads to a 50% increased chance of longevity. And social connection has been determined to strengthen your immune system, helps you recover from disease faster, and may even lengthen your life! It’s been reported that people who feel more connected to others have lower rates of anxiety and depression as well. All reasons to connect.
So let’s do this! We’ll yoga and play at an event Sunday, February 19 at St. Louis’ coolest playground, City Museum. Constructed of repurposed industrial debris, City Museum, with its 10 stories of continuous labyrinthed chutes and caves is the world’s largest funhouse. It’s an outstanding place to awaken the kid in you and connect to the joys of play.
We’ll yoga in City Museum’s Vault Room from 10 to 11am (prior to City Museum opening at 11am) then frolic throughout this 10 story playground for the remainder of our Sunday – all while supporting another iconic
St. Louis non-profit, Yoga Buzz. Through yoga events and teacher trainings, Yoga Buzz lives up to their intent of making yoga inclusive, accessible and empowering for everyone.
In addition to the health benefits, by attending YoGoGirls’ Play it Forward event you can expect:
- to giggle, lots
- to be surrounded by fun-loving people in our city’s most amazing playground
- to gain access to City Museum for the day
- to feel good because you’re supporting a local non profit, Yoga Buzz in their efforts to make yoga accessible to everybody
- a goodie bag filled with gift cards, free passes and coupons from sponsors like Climb So iLL, Big Shark, Dat Mat, Onzie, Yoga Six and others
- a chance to win many yoga & wellness related products as door prizes
- to possibly be filmed (tastefully) for a brief, edited film on City Museum & YoGoGirls produced by Greenz Productions and to be in a class that will be live on DoYouYoga.com’s Facebook page
We look forward to playing with you and connecting February 19. To register for this $20 Play it Forward day, click here.
DOOR PRIZES & GOODIE BAG STUFFERS:
- Yoga Six St. Louis: a free month of classes, a yoga mat, and a free t-shirt
- Climb So iLL: free climb passes
- Onzie: Two $100 gift cards
- Dat Mat: a donut yoga mat
- Big Shark Bicycle Co: a women’s cycling jersey and shorts! Coupons for 20% off.
- Yoga Paws: set of mini mats for your hands and feet
- VeloFix: Three Muc-Off Sample Kits cleaning and lubing your bike, and one Domestique Tune via Velofix ($69 value, parts not included, must live in STL city or close).