SO FLY YOGA FESTIVAL
Thank you to everyone who attended our weekend in the woods of southern Illinois September 25-27, 2015. YoGoGirls Debby & Michelle are busy planning SO FLY 2.
Photos from this magical time can be found on our Facebook page. We created a gallery for each day:
- Photos from SO FLY: YoGo Yoga Festival, September 25, Day 1
- Photos from SO FLY: YoGo Yoga Festival, September 25, Day 2
- Photos from SO FLY: YoGo Yoga Festival, September 25, Day 3
We are looking into places in Colorado for it. Our activities list will include acro yoga, cycling, and Thai yoga for sure. We’d love any feedback or ideas. Please email them to Debby@YoGoGirls.com.
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, our SO FLY: Yogo Yoga Festivals are for you.
- Does the latest issue of National Geographic sit atop your coffee table (or in your restroom)?
- Do your social media feeds fill with images of people in incredible places, doing extraordinary things?
- Do you feel off if you don’t incorporate something active in your day?
- Are you a nature lover who makes regular stops at outdoor retailers?
- Do you own more yoga wear than dress clothes?
- Have others used words like energetic, alive, monkey, bendy, or strong to describe you?
- Do you prefer acting like a kid?
- Is “swimming in a lake” in your list of activity favorites?
- Does swinging in a hammock to the sounds of nature interest you?
- Have you canoed or cycled this week?
- Do you like s’mores?
Active individuals enjoying nature through acrobatic, coed, playful adventures. The first SO FLY: YoGo Festival was held at Camp Manitowa, just 90 miles from downtown St. Louis in the woods of southern Illinois Sepember 25-27.
Some options at our First SO FLY YoGo Festival weekend:
- Acro Yoga Classes with Josh Young and Lizzy Tomber (zero previous experience required)
- Thai Yoga Massage and Power Yoga with Kim Winn
- Paddleboard Yoga with Eric Betz
- 50 Foot high, 7 station High Ropes Course with climbing wall start and 450 foot zipline end
- Kayaking / Paddleboarding / Aqua Jumping / Swimming on Camp Manitowa’s Lake Hamilton
- Mountain Biking the trails and/or Road Biking a course around Rend Lake
- Photo Sessions with YoGoGirls available
- Fishing / Exploring Rend Lake by boat
- Winery tour by Camp Manitowa Hippie Bus
- Campfire Entertainment lit up hooping by Flow Bear and Amy Greenley & s’mores
- Labyrinth on premises for meditative walks. (Debby designed and built this labyrinth with the camp, her kids and her friend Dianna.)
- Volleyball, basketball, hard or softball courts available.
- Games like Twister and Poker available
- Private or semi-private, 400 round foot Yurts for nomadic dwelling! All levels of accommodations available, from your tent to a yurt to an air conditioned dorm with semi private bath.
- Possibly the 3.5 foot deep, 20 yard Swimming Pool will be open for the weekend, 24/7
- Food to write home about. Healthy, all options available. Menu will be posted soon. But rest assured, Chef Corey is a legend. You will remember the food and Corey.